This Woman's Worth

19 April 2006

Seeking Employment Elsewhere

My week has been HELL! And it's ONLY Humpday.

Last Friday, Good Friday, my coworker and I had scheduled a day trip for our clients. Well, we only had ONE client decide to go and we cancelled the day trip. We are NOT gonna go out of our way to do something special for just one person for the entire day. Plus, I didn't have any bill time (our salary is based on our production) so the day trip was a waste for me. My coworker and I decided that we would go back to the office, do some paperwork, then head home for the afternoon. Well, being that our supervisor was on a day trip herself, we didn't think to call her, but we left her a note on her desk informing her of what occurred.

A few weeks ago, I got sick while at work and needed to go home. I couldn't get in contact with my supervisor, so I left her a note letting her know that I went home. Never heard anything negative about it.

Well, my supervisor returned to work on Tuesday. She entered our office, shut the door, and handed us a piece of paper titled "Written Reprimandation".

I'm thinking: "WTF! I'm getting written up? For what?"

Yes. I was written up for leaving work early and for not contacting my supervisor to gain her permission for leaving work early. *huge sigh*

Ya'll, I have NEVER been written up before on a job. I've been fired. But NEVER written up! I was pissed at myself for not even trying to contact my supervisor to let her know what was going on and that we were heading home. THEN... I learned the REAL reason why I was being written up for this shit!

Our CEO had approved leave for the entire office except 2 people on Good Friday. Their office is on the other side of town from where my office is located, and one of the 2 people called out sick. So, Ms. CEO was stuck with one other person answering phones and trying to get work done. I call it poor management. So, I got written up for "insubordination".

As the day goes on, I'm end up brushing off the write up and focusing on other things... my clients problems for one thing and other things that I need to be getting done. By the time I got off work, I was cool.

This morning as my coworker and I get to work, my supervisor comes into our office again.

She claims that she fought with Ms. CEO all morning about getting our/my leave approved. And that Ms. CEO decided to leave it up to my supervisor and her supervisor. She said that she had already signed our leave slips and that she is going to approve our leave, because we have the time to take off. Ok, cool, thanks super. Appreciate you fighting for that! I'm sure if you didn't pay me for the 6 hours I didn't work, it'd hurt me next month.

So, she's walking towards the door, turns around, and says, "Ms. CEO is ready to dismiss you two."

Me thinking: "Excuse me? What did you just say?"

Super. says, "While we were arguing about your leave slips, she said that what you did is grounds for dismissal."

Okay... so now ya'll are thinking about firing my ass? OK! Please, don't wait too long! I been wanting to leave this unappreciative of your employees assed out place for the longest! Hell, fire me! I'll be the first one in the unemployment line tomorrow morning!! Sheeeit.

After super exits the office, I look at my coworker and she says, "Hell, we ready to leave the state anyway. My husband wants me to leave."

And I already KNOW I don't wanna be in no south.damn.carolina for the rest of my life. Ain't shit here but fam, and I can come back to visit them.

So, I'm now in the process of locating employment elsewhere. Preferably out of this damn state! And into a field that is gonna pay my ass some damn loot! Yes, I'm still planning to go back to school, but it ain't happening fast enough! And the waiting list to get into the program is like 3-5 years!!! UGH! But, everything is a freakin process! Right?

If there are any single, rich men out there who would like to have me clean their house, provide them with company, and give them sex to take care of me, let me know where you are! Heck, if you aren't single and would like to be my sugar daddy, let me know!

I kid, I kid!

3 Comments:

  • At 6:13 PM, Blogger Paula D. said…

    Dang! That was messed up! I hope you find a job with a company that appreciates you.

     
  • At 10:21 AM, Blogger Blah Blah Blah said…

    Hope you find a job too...bud-da...your married and looking for a sugar-daddy? Well.....o....k
    Maybe I can help you out....LOL

     
  • At 9:30 AM, Blogger Rainmayun said…

    I feel you... I just gave my 2 weeks notice at my job, and a lot of it has to do with organizational mismanagement. Not quite as bad as yours, but still bad enough for me to want to go after 3 years. Come to DC, there's plenty of opportunity up here!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home